7 Tips for visiting the Chinese talent fair on March 18th, 2014 in Paris
It’s time for preparing the visit of Chinese talent fair on March 18th, 2014 in Paris. Companies present in the fair include: Oreal, LVMH, BNPParibas, PSA, Essilor, Faurecia, Bongrain, Decathmon, Roullier, Radiall, Solvay, Nielsen. Here are some tips for a successful touring in the job fair:
- Make a list of the 10 questions an interviewer will potentially ask you and practice your responses, first in front of a mirror, then in front of a family member or friend. Give truthful answers because interviewers are trained to spot pat or contrived answers.
- Prepare your resume. Think about your goals and accomplishments. If you have worked in the past, list your job descriptions and your responsibilities. List any academic achievements or recognition you have received as well. Carefully proofread your resume and bring several copies to the job fair.
- Write a cover letter. This creates another chance to sell yourself to a prospective employer. Think about what you hope to get out of a job and explain your goals in this letter. You should also list your positive traits that make you a good employee, such as hardworking, organized, dependable and detail-oriented.
- Know what companies will be represented at the job fair and know what they do. Learn something specific about each company and be able to communicate how your skill set will help each one. Applicants who know the most about the companies they pursue tend to receive the most offers.
- Get a job in the interim. The saying “You need a job to get a job” is often true. To many employers, being unemployed, particularly as a result of being laid off or fired, makes you damaged goods. It may be that you will have to settle for a lower quality job just to get back to work so you can prove yourself.
- After the job fair is over, make contact with the people with whom you talked, and express interest in their companies, and tell them that you would like the opportunity to take your conversation with them further. Do this either by letter, email or telephone call and do so within 48 hours of the job fair.
- You are in a Chinese talent job fair and companies are looking for candidats who are interested in working Asia or in China. Remain flexible and show your interests in Asian and Chinese market.