Hardware Department Manager
Company: Europe’s leading automotive supplier
In his scope of management i.e. the department of the hardware project department:
– Hierarchically manage his group of engineers / technicians in HW department. Especially ensure the right level of capabilities, competencies and expertise.
– Responsible to deploy and implements the “state of the art” standards, processes, methods & tools in his department
– Participate to the improvement of the standards, process, methods & tools in hardware department in relation with his metier network especially the métier manager / director.
– Check / audit the implementation of the standards (RAISE)
Management & Competency
● Manage his organization
● Manage his team of engineers and technicians (yearly reviews, meetings, missions, objectives)
● Define the necessary qualifications for his team according to the benchmark and to the technical and technological evolutions
● Ensure that competency level is at the level requested to properly handle new/future projects and new/future Technologies (in line with TDP). Identify gaps, define and implement the proper action plan
● Allocate his staff in the various projects and support Project team in priorities management.
● Propose trainings and career evolutions
● Responsible of recruitment of the members of his department
● Participate to the company’s Expertise process by preparing and proposing candidate.
● Responsible of his department budget; build, propose and follow his budget
● Participate to project budget construction
● Propose yearly investment plan.
● Responsible of the Department efficiency using the Efficiency Plan built together with the Métier Manager / Director.
Process, Methodology, Tools, Equipment
● Ensure equivalence between results of the different equipments
● Participate to the definition of, and implement the process, methods and the tools necessary to properly handle new/future projects and new/future Technologies (in line with TDP)
● Deploy the Engineering process, methodology and tools defined by / together with the Métier Mngr / Dir
● Ensure the full deployment of 5 axes methodology
● Support the Certification process (CMMi, …) if applicable
● Participate to and support the network of his métier
● Participate to the improvement of the standards, methods & tools of his métier
Standardization & Robust Design
● Support RAISE team by ensuring knowledge, training and implementation of the standards
● Participates in the elaboration of standards with RAISE and actively participate to Design reviews
● Review and challenge Destandardization requests before release
● Ensure that each single design is achieving the highest level of Robust design.
Resources / Footprint
● Centralize information on all existing resources.
● Identify, create synergies and ensure optimum use of all resources
● Identify the needs in terms of dedicated and shared resources. Organize the availability of shared resources corresponding R&D Manager
● Continuously work with Métier Mngr / Dir. to improve his footprint and performances.
People Management: YES ☑ NO Budget Management: YES ☑ NO
Hierarchical & Functional: Hierarchical
Education/Training: Engineering Degree
10/15 years of experience in the related métier in automotive engineering or relevant industries.
Power electronics background
Key Competences (Transversal/Professional)
Oral and written Communication Autonomous
Related Métier Expertise Autonomous
People management Autonomous
Languages: English minimum
Salary: 600 – 700 K RMB/Y