Research Science Analyst
The Marketing research Group is a leading global market research company based in the US and rapidly expanding their business throughout Asia. This is an excellent opportunity to join the best and brightest in the market research industry. The Group offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward thinking problem solvers who join our family.
Job Description: Research Science Analyst
The Research Science Analyst is responsible for the methodologies, processes, procedures, and data integrity of the Consumer database. He/she will proactively identify and help in resolving the data integrity issues, methodological glitches and any additional issues for the trackers. Additionally, the Research Analyst is responsible for participating in research design, data analysis and presentations to internal or external clients
This position is based in Shanghai
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world that are operating in within the Asia Pacific region. Strong written and verbal English skills are a pre-requisite and enjoy working with colleagues in multiple markets within the Asia Pacific region. This position will report directly to the Head of Research Science APAC.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the consumer data methodology to ensure the methodology reflects the most accurate picture of the industry.
- Responding to data queries from client account representatives in a timely manner with informative analyses of the issue.
- Developing clear “Data Quality Metrics”. Making recommendations for success measures and ways to track those changes.
- Maintaining the quality of survey instruments and ensuring the survey reflects the needs of clients and the BU.
- Accountable for data validation on all survey data.
- Developing and maintaining all documentation on methodologies, processes and procedures, which includes (calibration, projection, editing etc.), to ensure a ready reference and log of decisions made.
- BA/BS or above educational background in statistics, math, data analytics, or information system.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Possess a strong understanding of data collection and analytical processes.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. English is the main business language so excellent written and verbal English skills are a must.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, is required.
- Knowledge of analytical tools – SAS and R is required.
- An understanding of the role of data in providing information.
- Ability/Curiosity to look at the bigger picture, and an inquisitive nature.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
1. Familiarity with sample selection, data weighting and projections preferred.
2. Research project design experience preferred.
3. Survey design experience preferred.
Up to CNY350k/annual base pay(divided by 13 months) + discretionary corporate bonus.