The US company is the power behind some of the world’s most important applications. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, the company provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, The comapny also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, which deliver on the promise of connected healthcare.
Why are we here? To ensure that our customers have reliable access to the right information at the right time—information they can share and use to draw insights, leading to better decisions.
The US company is the trusted Healthcare IT solution provider for many World-Class hospitals and clinics in China, such as China’s largest foreign-invested hospital, United Family Healthcare, and one of China’s most prestige medical institution, Peking Union Medical College Hospital。
The company has a small but collaborative team of talented and passionate individuals working the Greater China Region.
Due to China’s economic growth, aging population and the government’s determination in the Healthcare reform, China has become one of Intersystem’s most important strategic regions with unparalleled growth potentials in the years to come.
Based at our Beijing office, the Sales Engineer will provide guidance in the use of compnany’ products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market. Product and business strategies are coordinated with the Sales Team to apply existing and new products to customers’ database and application needs. The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring and training. This role requires regular travel across China and occasionally overseas.
• Investigate & demonstrate the use of products with other 3rd party technologies.
• Manage the technical relationship with customer accounts, ensuring that they are aware of the latest product capabilities.
• Identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
• Build and demonstrate Proof of Concepts (POCs) for prospects and customers to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, features, and reliability and/or connectivity capabilities of InterSystems technology.
• Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer’s organisation to foster the adoption, use and deployment of company’ technologies.
• Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration and upgrade strategies and operational best practices.
• Install software and assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
• Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
• Provide application programming in a variety of company’s technologies, and other technologies.
• Give corporate presentations to customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events and such venues. Topics include strategic and tactical considerations across both technical and business directions. Provide technical product demonstrations.
• Carry out formal training courses in company’s technologies.
• Support customers and prospects during beta test programmes or pre-launch activities and provide feedback to the software development groups.
• Assist with troubleshooting and interact with the World-wide Response Centre (WRC) to support resolution of technical problems.
• Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
Skill and Qualification Required
• Extensive previous experience as a Sales Engineer or related role, preferably in the Healthcare industry.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing the functional specifications for integration projects in the healthcare marketplace, including routing and/or transformation engines
• Demonstrated expertise in SQL and ODBC / JDBC
• Demonstrated experience in developing applications in various modern Object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C# and VB.Net
• Understanding of all or most of the following: Network domains and network configurations, IP Addressing, DNS, WINS, FTP, HTTP, SFTP, SMTP, TELNET and SNMP
• High level of understanding in Analytics and Business Intelligence concepts.
• Broad knowledge of IT industry issues & trends including integration, data management, application development and cloud, with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in Integration (SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL, BI).
• Proven experience or technical management in an application development environment.
• At least 4 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java / J2EE.
• Knowledge of ESB, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) experience using InterSystems Ensemble, BEA Software, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft or similar.
• Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
• Knowledge of application frameworks, application servers and server-less programming models.
• Knowledge of agile software development processes and continuous development.
• Extensive use of 2 or more databases such as InterSystems Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
• Proven business analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Strong presentation, influencing and communication skills.
• Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support and deployment.
• English language fluency.
• Software Engineering experience.
• Familiarity with healthcare related integration in particular HL7 and FHIR standards and protocols.
• Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics technologies and approaches.
• Familiarity with modern web-based development frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue.js or similar.
• Familiarity with Machine Learning tools and languages
• Degree in computing or a related science discipline