Principal consultant, Swiss firm, Shanghai, 50 K RMB/M
Hiring company: Swiss pharmaceutical consulting firm’s China branch. (Later “Swiss firm”)
What is the Job about?
The Principal Consultant is responsible acquiring and leading projects and assigning tasks to
members of the team including overseeing their work. S/he also needs to do operational
tasks when it is needed. All of the above can entail different kind of work needed for the
projects to be delivered, ranging from writing proposals, facilitating workshops, writing and
reviewing documents, creating and documenting standards for the firm and other activities.
The job will also entail leading and documenting discussions with clients and internally,
presenting at clients and conferences and representing Swiss firm to the outside. S/he will
lead onboarding training for the job for new employees and plan the training plan for the team
In order to meet Swiss firm’ and client’s expectations. S/he will identify growth opportunities for the company in China and, for example, to develop a business plan for growing staff in Swiss firm.
• Education in Biotech, Medicine, Pharmaceutical or CRO industry or similar, e.g. hospital
• Experience in Drug Development
• Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Another language an advantage
• MS Office capabilities
• Willingness to travel
• Fast learner, good ability to learn new skills
• Excellent teamplayer and active listener
• Strategic thinking
• Working with limited supervision
• Line management experience
• Good communication skills
• Customer focus
• Male or Female candidate are equally considered – Swiss firm is an equal opportunity
• Minimum Bachelor degree in life sciences or natural sciences or Nursing degree
• Additional GCP, GMP, GLP Training of advantage
• Additional Drug Development experience of advantage
• Additional Consulting Experience of advantage
What we offer:
• The successful candidate will be hired at our local office in Shanghai (workplace) and will
report directly to one managing partner of the firm.
• The candidate will be equipped with a MacBook Pro (standard at Swiss firm for senior
staff) and will get a company email address and business cards.
• Cell phone usage will be compensated for business use up to 300 RMB/month.
• The office is located at, Zhangjiang, Pudong, Shanghai,
The candidate is offered 20 days of vacation days plus official Chinese holidays. The
vacation days will increase from the age of 35 by one day every year until they reach 30
days. If the candidate is over 40 years old, 25 days are offered (increasing by one day
per year), over 45 years, 30 days.
• Workdays at Swiss firm are Monday to Friday. However, we offer flexible work hours; the
only stipulation is that the successful candidate records time spent on subjects in a time
sheet that should be submitted at the end of the month to their manager, if the project is
time based. If a project is on a flat fee contract, this is not necessary.
• Swiss firm will reimburse all business expenses according to Swiss firm travel policy as
long as it pertains to project acquisition or other company related business.
• The successful candidate will be offered in the future to take over the management of
Swiss firm once the two founding Partners are convinced of his/her abilities to live up to
the expectations of the job.
• We offer an Economy Class Ticket for the successful candidate to move to Shanghai to
start their job at Swiss firm.
• If the successful candidate travels from Europe or the United States, a business class
ticket will be paid for.
Anticipated start date: TBD
Probation time: 6 months
Minimum contract duration: 3 years with the option of extending the contract further
Place of work: Swiss firm Shanghai office and home office
• 50’000 RMB/ Month in the first year, 60’000 RMB/Month in the second and 70’000 RMB
from the third year onwards.
• 15% of net revenue of all projects that Swiss firm handle, paid out quarterly, once all
invoices by client have been settled.
• As sign-on bonus a 20% share in Swiss firm – if the successful candidate stays 5 years,
the shares are entirely hers/his; if the successful candidate leaves Swiss firm before the
5 years period, s/he will have to return the shares at nominal value to the company.
• Employee profit sharing for company annual results (not guaranteed and to be endorsed
by the board)