R&D Manager, French chemical firm – Nanjing, China, 600-800 KRMB/Y
R&D Manager, French chemical firm – Nanjing, China
The R&D Manager will develop the R&D Chinese laboratory in order to serve the ambition of the French chemical firm to develop into the Chinese market and help the country for its future food challenges. He/she will manage, organize and develop the R&D team to promote innovation, in line with the Group’s objective to reach the 5-years strategic plan.
Centered on partnerships with Chinese actors, the laboratory will have to play a significant role over the entire Asian region.
· R&D Process and Technology Director
· Build the laboratory competences through recruitment, training, mentoring, coaching of the team of 15 people (PhD, engineers, technicians).
· Lead all the laboratory aspects: HSE, purchase, maintenance, work coordination…
· Structure project studies and provide support to project, process teams and R&D services for industrial start-ups as well as development of the manufacturing performances of the plant.
· Develop innovation and technological breakthroughs in the field of process industrialization respectful of the principles of sustainable development in collaboration with academic and industrial partners projects.
· Identify, set-up, monitor the different academic partnerships to drive and implement innovation program according to the work plan defined with the R&D Process and Technology Director.
· Contribute to the orientation of R&D programs in the field of chemistry and ensure scientific coordination of projects and processes with our partners.
· Ensure of constant flow of communicate with the other R&D Lab managers in Europe and between our European R&D process referents and Nanjing engineer team.
· Engineering Degree in organic chemistry or process engineering, ideally holding a PhD
· 10y + experience in managing and developing a R&D team
· International exposure gained in European / US Lab Research or company
· Used to work in a matrix environment with remote reporting
· Mandarin/ English: fluent, Knowledge of French language will be a plus
Salary: 600 K to 800 K RMB/Y
Other: Frequent travels to Europe