Scientific Affairs Manager, French firm, Shanghai
Job Title: Scientific Affairs Manager
Reports to General Manager
Travel Required: YES (50%)
The French company is stablished in 1967, worldwide leader in clinical protein electrophoresis equipment and reagents for in-vitro diagnostic (IVD) testing. Its solutions allow proteins separation and analysis for screening and monitoring of various diseases and conditions in oncology (Multiple Myeloma), metabolic disorders (Diabetes), Hemoglobinopathies and other rare pathologies.
The company is present in China through a vast distribution network since 1994. The company representative offices are located in Shanghai since 2006.
The Scientific Affairs Officer will provide high level technical support, tactical and strategic inputs, and business/technical expertise to Product Management towards ethical promotion of company products as well as overall technical leadership and assistance to The company’s team, distributors and customers.
Will be responsible to ensure company remains high amongst stakeholders like key opinion leaders (KOLs), doctors, patients, paramedics, associations etc. by building and maintaining scientific partnerships.
The Scientific Affairs Officer will be the coordinator for The company studies and scientific activities and in charge of organizing the framework of The company China Scientific Relationship Department.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Educate and train field, marketing and other relevant internal stakeholders regarding all aspects of disease, product applications and therapy relevant to the promotional strategy.
• Overall support regarding clinical application of The company products via results interpretation and best practices, clinicians education and understanding of positioning within the disease management cycle
• Provide technical expertise, insight and support to end-users (clinicians and laboratories), sales and sales management, marketing and other corporate departments to sustain and acquire business while maintaining and developing customer loyalty;
• Initiate, review and/or approve promotional, training, and Continuing Medical Education (CME) material in compliance with relevant SOPs/regulations/industry codes/working practices
• Identify product attributes necessary to expand into new markets, or capitalize on new clinical applications;
• Identify and support field sales efforts through clinical and educational customer needs assessment, product and procedural training, in-servicing, and required customer follow up (i.e., letters, approved product information, samples, educational materials, professional guidelines and standards related to best practices, and clinical/evidence based research articles).
• Maintain and develop expertise on company Medical’s products, with particular emphasis on the product portfolio related to specific clinical specialty area and expertise.
• Identify and expand the customer base through professional networking, consultation related to best practices and the appropriate use of company products, and timely professional follow-up.
Problem-solving skill, strategic thinking, strong communication and leadership skill
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree or above in healthcare, or pharmaceuticals or life science or related field.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in medical department of a Pharmaceutical/Device/Life science company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills & influencing skills.
• Medical Doctor or Pathologist experience will be a big plus.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint), Chinese and English speaking
Partnership proposal: if you are not interested by this job, please introduce us qualified candidates. In case of their recruitment, we will pay you a partnership fee of 5 000 RMB. A contract with our Shanghai office could be signed.