TECHNICAL SUPPORT CONSULTANT
The French firm is a growing global financial software company headquartered in France and is currently hiring at our Beijing office! Join us and become a part of the global The French firm adventure.
Through our combined talents and transparent approach, we help Buy-Side and Sell-Side organizations (banking/finance/insurance) address the continuous changes in the financial market industry. Our solutions cover the complete financial value chain, from central Data Management to Front-Office and Back-Office software.
The French firm relies on our 450+ dedicated staff with offices in Paris, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Zurich, Geneva, Milan, New York, Boston, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Tunis, and Cape Town.
Our commitment towards excellence and strong expertise in conjunction with our future-oriented and international perspective drives us to be proactive and at the forefront of market trends and cutting-edge technologies.
Join us to discover the synergies between our teams, job roles, and products and take part in a strong and ambitious company project made possible by our employees and their entrepreneurial, agile, convivial and multi-cultural team spirit.
The French firm has enjoyed great success in Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa as well as China. GP3 is The French firm’s global suite of products and services for asset managers, institutional investors, and traditional and alternative fund administrators. GP3 supports the core functions of the asset management industry including investment management, investment operations and investor servicing.
By leveraging technologies such as business process management and software as a service, GP3 helps investment firms manage complexity, increase efficiency, and reduce costs and operational risk, while maintaining agility to respond to changing business and regulatory requirements. Having already proven its value and capabilities through large and respected client wins and positive reception from the marketplace, The French firm is poised for rapid growth and success in Asia.
MISSION & MAIN ACTIVITIES
The Technical Support Consultant is in charge of 1st and 2nd support levels for all the technical components of GP3 (please refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_support for Technical support levels). He is the main point of contact for the IT services of our customers. He is also involved in the technical installation of these components.
The Technical Support Consultant will have the following tasks:
- Communicate with clients (phone, e-mail)
- Understand and categorize the client requests (Problem or change request? Urgent or not? Blocking or not?)
- Fix technical issues in our applications (log analysis, bug investigation, configuration files update…). Means of action include remote connexion to client sites, phone call or physically going to client site.
- Internal communication and coordination with level 3 tech support teams (developers, system engineers, database administrators) and on-site consultants.
- Tight follow-up and management of the client requests (using Jira)
- Installation of GP3 components onto Unix and/or Windows environments
– More opportunities to communicate with customers and overseas experts
– Understand and learn knowledge of international market , finance and the IT solutions
– Promote professional career through working for large size projects in a global company
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Degree: Bachelor degree or above.
· Computer or related education background
· Certificates on mainstream IT systems (Unix, Linux, Oracle, Web services, etc ) would be plus
· Candidates should justify of a first experience as a Technical Client Support professional (2 years)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Fluent English is a pre-requisite
· Computer UNIX systems and mainstream RDMS management skills, such as Oracle and Sybase
· Strong knowledge of Unix O.S. (Linux, Solaris, AIX) , familiar with shell script
· Good knowledge of Rdbms (Oracle, Sybase)
· Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, Access…). Knowledge of VBA is appreciated
· Familiar with web application technologies (Tomcat, apache, http, web services…)
· Knowledge of the Python scripting language is an advantage
· Good communication skills: listen, talk clearly with others, efficient in writing (both in English and native languages)
· Show autonomy in organizing their work, conducting analysis and proposing solutions
· Show rigor in the accomplished tasks, meet deadlines and cares about customer satisfaction
· Strong motivation for learning new knowledge and being involved in a team work
· Able to solve complex problems with excellent analytical skills and communication skills
· Quick learning and enthusiastic
Salary: 13k-20k*14month+400 meals per diem+100 telephone fee
Technical Support consultant will report to Technical Support Manager